Mayors Christmas Tree Appeal
The original Anzac Lodge was built by the Townsville Branch of the RSL Women’s Auxiliary in 1988. This original building was refurbished into much needed Welfare offices for the Townsville Sub Branch welfare officers in 2000 and five new units subsequently constructed on this site. In 2008 another three units were constructed.
The purpose of these units is to provide accommodation for out of town returned and services personnel and their families who have a requirement to stay in Townsville to receive medical treatment and/or welfare purposes. It is with this in mind that priority for accommodation is given to financial members of the Returned & Services League of Australia who have a need for accommodation in Townsville for medical and/or welfare purposes.
There are eight (8) units available. The bed configuration of the units is:
|Unit 1||One Queen bed and one single bed|
|Unit 2||One double bed and one single bed|
|Unit 3||One double bed and one single bed|
|Unit 4||One double bed and one single bed|
|Unit 5||Two single beds|
|Unit 6||One queen bed and one single bed|
|Unit 7||Three single beds|
|Unit 8||One queen bed and one single bed|
*Units 7 & 8 have an interconnecting door.
- All units are fully self-contained, including linen, cooking facilities, microwave, refrigerator, cutlery, crockery etc.
- All units are air-conditioned and also have ceiling fans
- All units are furnished and include a TV set, clock radio.
- There is an individual covered, shaded patio outside each unit
- Each unit has a telephone installed, which has the facility to receive incoming calls to the number as noted in this compendium. Local calls can be made from these unit phones by dialling “0” before the local number. There is no charge for these local calls. STD CALLS CANNOT BE MADE FROM THE UNITS. We would ask that you do not attempt to make an STD call as this electronic system could be rendered out of order if pressing certain numbers. The emergency number “0 000” is available from your phone - this number accesses Police, Fire and Ambulance services.
- If extra linen is required, please advise the Housemaids.
- Facilities in the laundry include an automatic washing machine and dryer. An iron and ironing board are in the cupboard in each unit.. There is no cost to the tenant for the use of the laundry and equipment.
- Undercover carparking is available directly outside the units for tenants and visitors.
All bookings for accommodation are to be made through the Townsville RSL League Office - Phone: 4759 9529 or 4759 9548