Mayors Christmas Tree Appeal
Service Membership & Qld RSL
For All Service Members serving in Queensland it is now free to join Townsville RSL just present your defence ID at the club in person to receive you complimentary RSL membership.
If you are still an active service person and need to renew your membership please present your expired card in person to receive this year’s membership card.
Service memberships are set by RSL Queensland State Branch.
Service membership is $20 and membership for current serving Defence is free.
The Townsville RSL Sub-branch subsidises the cost of a Service membership by $10, so Ex-Service personnel’s membership costs $10.
Service members are issued with 2 cards, one is a membership card for their State body and the other is their club card to this Sub-branch to receive member discounts.
The Differences between memberships
Social Membership for a Club
- Membership card (club card)
- Entry to club & use of facilities
- Discounted price on food and drink
- State membership card (RSL card)
- Entry to any RSL upon presentation of their RSL card
- Information pack
- RSL badge
- Membership to State and National body
- Voting rights
- Eligibility to hold a board position
- Entitlement & advocacy services
- Low cost and emergency housing
- Financial support services
- Home and hospital visits
- Veteran research (including PTSD research)
- Padre services
- Soldier Recovery Centres
- Family bereavement assistance
- Fully transferable membership
- Scartwater Trust Scholarships (available to children and grandchildren of Service members)
Service Membership PLUS
- Subsidised membership costs (see below)
- Relief of Distress Fund
- Library with qualified librarian
- Defence events (Diggers lunch etc)
- Reduced prices for functions (upon application)
- Reduced rates at one of our eight fully self-contained and serviced units on Townsville RSL premises
- Local access to pension & welfare advocates at Quinn’s Post
- Townsville RSL Bursaries for Year 10 students (available to children and grandchildren of Service members)
Townsville RSL encourages our Service Members to become Life Subscribers through the Townsville RSL where they pay an initial heavily subsidised subscription depending on age then $1.00 per year from there, with membership being fully transferable from Sub-branch to Sub-branch.
|Service Membership||RSL State Branch||Townsville RSL||Subsidised|
|Currently Serving Annual Fee||$0||$0||-|
|Life Subscriber (18-39yo)||$300||$196||$104|
|Life Subscriber (40-44)||$260||$171||$89|
|Life Subscriber (45-49)||$220||$146||$74|
|Life Subscriber (50-54)||$180||$121||$59|
|Life Subscriber (55-59)||$140||$96||$44|
|Life Subscriber (60-64)||$120||$81||$39|
|Life Subscriber (65+)||$100||$66||$34|
|Once a life subscriber, membership is $1 per year.|
All Serving and Ex-Serving Defence members are always welcome to utilise the facilities of the Townsville RSL by using their Defence ID.
Townsville RSL provides advocacy and support services to any current and ex-service member of the ADF, and their families, regardless of whether they are a member or not.
If you have any further questions involving membership or State Branch, the best contact would be (07) 3634 9444 or via email email@example.com
For further assistance relating to Townsville RSL, please contact our League Secretary Val Clark via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.